By now, you probably know digital advertising has practically taken over the world. From mobile advertising to video marketing, digital advertisements are everywhere we look.
Digital has grown rapidly over the past few years, and it doesn’t look like it will slow down any time soon. So, if you haven’t already joined the digital advertising bandwagon, here are 10 stats that might convince you to get on board.
1. Around 40 percent of the world’s population is on the Internet.
That means more than 2.9 billion people are digitally connected. If your business is not involved in digital advertising in some shape or form, you’re missing out on targeting millions of potential consumers.
2. Digital advertising is expected to become the largest media category in 2016, surpassing television.
Digital advertising revenues totaled $59.6 billion in 2015, up 20 percent from the year before. It’s predicted this growth will continue into 2016.
3. Social media advertising revenues totaled $10.9 billion in 2015.
That’s a 55 percent growth in revenue from 2014. Social media advertising is a great way for businesses of all sizes to effectively target potential consumers, be involved, and keep fans and followers updated.
4. Mobile advertising is expected to be the fastest growing segment in 2016.
Mobile already accounts for almost 40 percent of all digital revenue. Make sure your advertisements can be easily viewed on both mobile and desktop platforms to get the most out of your campaign.
5. Digital advertising provides various options for advertisers.
When it comes to digital, the options are endless. From display advertising to video ads, you have a wide variety of different ways to advertise to your consumers.
6. Online advertising provides excellent audience targeting and control.
Digital advertising allows advertisers to target consumers by specific demographics, time of day, day of the week and much more. This targeting ensures your advertisements are seen by the consumers most likely to make a purchase.
7. Digital results are easy to measure.
Unlike advertising with other mediums, measuring your campaign results with digital is easy and accurate. Your advertisements can be tracked and monitored, and then changed, if necessary, depending on the results you see.
8. Facebook advertising is a great way to break into digital.
One out of every six minutes spent on the Internet is spent on Facebook. That’s a lot of time to target potential consumers.
9. Native ads are viewed 53 percent more than banner ads.
If you’re afraid to spend money on a campaign using banner ads, try native advertising instead. These ads blend seamlessly into consumers’ social feeds and are less likely to be ignored. Including rich media in your native ads can also help draw attention to your product.
10. Fifty-seven percent of businesses have gained a new customer because of their blog.
Digital advertising doesn’t just mean paid advertising for your products. Your business needs to advertise itself, as well. Consumers want to know about the company, the people and the process behind the products they’re buying.
Now that you know a little more about digital advertising, what are you waiting for? To find out more about starting a digital campaign for your business, click here.